Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Book Review: The White Queen



        I was never into reading historical fiction novels to be honest, but this novel as well as the author Philippa Gregory, was raved about by Elle Fowler and had a review about on her YouTube channel which you can check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W9rsgtwpyo. And if you are not familiar with reading these type of novels, like me, this book is a great start to get into the whole thing and makes you ravenous to read more. And this one in particular is, i believe, can be read by almost every age.
       Cousins wars and brothers wars, all took place in the of history of England, where the beautiful widowed lady Elizabeth Woodvile used to live with her two sons from her dead husband. Catching the eye of the new king Edward IV, leaving us to an unusual love story. Elizabeth who got married to the new king in secret but with the knowledge of her mother. Both Elizabeth and her mother descended from the water goddess, Melisuna and both believed in witchcraft.
       Elizabeth was then crowned as a Queen and giving birth to her two boys, Edward V and Richard, whom became the vague mystery of the lost Princes in the Tower. The novel follows the events of Queen Elizabeth's life, after the death of king Edward. She started calling for her deprived position as well as her two sons and her daughters, as the royal family and the heirs to the throne of England, which was subjugated by Richard, Edward's Brother and the third York son, after kidnapping her son Edward, the rightful heir.
        Philippa Gregory did a fascinating job in writing this novel, making it enjoyable to read, based on the fact that this an old story so it seems to be like an attractive story, mixing the actual story with her own imagination, putting her thoughts on how a specific event might have happened, and because of this novel i really wanted to know more about this period of time in England.
        Leaving me sympathizing the White Queen and the tragic end of losing her son and husband, whom she dearly loved as well as many of her family whom were dear to her heart like her brother Anthony in order to save the throne. A recommended novel for anyone to enjoy history like no other.




Author: Philippa Gregory
Grade Rating  : A+
Followed by:
     The Red Queen
     The Lady of the Rivers
Pages: 432

   

3 Comments:

Multimemo said...

Thank you :) and yeah sure

Liz said...

I just purchased this book and cannot wait to read it! I have a beauty blog on here, but I am HUGE book nerd. Definitely will be following now to keep up to date on books I need to read :) Check my blog out if you want.

simplebeautybyliz

Multimemo said...

Thank you and i love beauty blogs so i will it check out :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, you honestly just made my day ;)

I read each and every comment and I really appreciate sharing your thoughts with me guys! So it always makes me happy to hear from you ;) I will try my best to reply and comment back on your own blog so expect me to visit you soon ;)

*PS: This is now an award free blog and although I really apperciate it and I thank you for considering me but fulfilling these types of posts turns out to be really hard and time consuming :( *

But thank you for stopping by and welcome to Book-A-Holic!
xoxo, Mariam

NOTE: I haven't been commenting on other blogs lately because my laptop's charger is broke so until I get a new one I am using another computer but I guess there is something wrong with it because I can't leave comments on other blogs at all so sorry about that but I'll try and fix that asap. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin