Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Book Review : Where She Went #2


       Three years ago, the accident that altered Mia's life and separated her from Adam, affecting their lives and destroying their love. With  her moving to NewYork at Julliard and Adam in Oregeon, playing with his band. After Mia's sudden cut off with Adam, his strong stream of depression resulted in his band's breakout records. Yet Adam couldn't just forget her, let her go as he promised without a goodbye at least and without knowing the reason for leaving him. Now Adam is a popular rock-star and Mia is a professional cellist, living across the country from each other. Luckily, Adam by chance went to one of her concerts in NewYork and met her, spend a night roaming in NewYork. But will Adam be able to handle Mia's answer to his question? And will they rekindle their love or ever be together again?   
      
      Where She Went is the sequel to Forman's If I Stay which i have a review on. However, being one of the few readers who weren't wowed by If I Stay, I should say that I enjoyed this book and I was eager to finish it. Yet this isn't one of my top favourites, I mean there are lots of books out there and this was just a fun read.
      Nonetheless, the fact that this book was written from the point of view of Adam was tremendous actually. The book was well written and to some point unpredictable.    


" If you stay, I’ll do whatever you want. I’ll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I’ll do that, too. Maybe coming back to your old life would just be too painful, maybe it’d be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I’d do it. I can lose you like that if I don’t lose you today. I’ll let you go. If you stay. "
     
      This was the vow that Adam gave to Mia during her coma three years ago which sort of touched me but now they have a new vow, but can you guess what it could be?
      Forman was able to take this tagic story to a whole another level in this book, once from Mia's POV and now from Adam's, totally different and emphatic to get in his mind. Although I saw that Adam sometimes overreacted, I liked him as a person and as for Mia, I can see how vulnarable she is and its totally okay after what she had been through, yet she did make wrong decisions.
      Overall, I liked this book much more and if you're like me and didn't enjoy the first book, you'll enjoy this one. I'd recommend it.

Author : Gayle Forman

Grade Rating : B+
If I Stay : Review

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, you honestly just made my day ;)

I read each and every comment and I really appreciate sharing your thoughts with me guys! So it always makes me happy to hear from you ;) I will try my best to reply and comment back on your own blog so expect me to visit you soon ;)

*PS: This is now an award free blog and although I really apperciate it and I thank you for considering me but fulfilling these types of posts turns out to be really hard and time consuming :( *

But thank you for stopping by and welcome to Book-A-Holic!
xoxo, Mariam

NOTE: I haven't been commenting on other blogs lately because my laptop's charger is broke so until I get a new one I am using another computer but I guess there is something wrong with it because I can't leave comments on other blogs at all so sorry about that but I'll try and fix that asap. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin