Monday, February 13, 2012

The Multiethnic Society : Brazil


       The sights and sounds were once drawn to the diverse of the Brazilian culture which reflects an ethnic and culture mixing due to the occurrence of colonization, involving mostly Native Americans, Portuguese, Africans, Spanish and Japanese and Arab immigrants, creating a multiethnic society.                                 
       
After three hundred years of colonization by the Portuguese and as a consequence, the framework of the Brazilian culture was derived from the culture of Portugal, was then influenced by the Native Americans and Africans traditions and others. This diverse culture has helped boast many celebrations that have become known all around the world, such as the Brazilian Carnival and the Bumba Meu Boi, making it a destination for many tourists every year.
       The official language in Brazil is Portuguese spoken by 99% of the population making it a national identity. Minority languages are spoken throughout the nation, one hundred and eighty Amerindian languages spoken in some remote areas, also significant German and Italian speakers in the south. Catholicism was introduced and spread by the Portuguese Jesuits, which identified the religion of the Brazilian culture, was also recently introduced to Protestantism, which became the second religion right after Catholicism.
      The Amazon Jungle, a tropical forest which covers most of the Amazon River, which is the second longest river in the world. The Victoria Amazonica water lilies which is found in the Amazon River, is a species of flowering plants. A long time ago, the indigenous people from Northern Brazil, they had a legend that said that every night, when the moon hid behind the hills far off on the horizon, it was going to live together with its favorite young ladies, if it could like one single girl, it would transform her into a star of the sky.
      Once, a princess was impressed with that story. So, at night, when everybody was sleeping and the moon was traveling across the sky, the princess wanted to be a star, so she walked up to the hills and chased the moon, hoping the moon could see her up in the hills. And so she did, every night, for a very long time. But the moon didn't seem to notice her .One night, the princess saw, in the clear waters of a lake, the image of the moon. The innocent girl wondered if the moon had come down to take her away, so she jumped in the deep waters to join the moon. She was never seen again. The moon, in return for the beautiful princess's sacrifice, transformed her into a different star, the moon transformed her into a "Star of the Waters", whose flower is the "Vitória Régia".
   
     At that moment, a new plant was born, whose scented white flowers blossom and unfurl only at night. And, when the sun appears in the early morning, the flowers change their colo to soft pink.
                                       
Capital : Brasília
Population : 192 Millions
Currency : Real     
       
        So this post is just for fun. I hope you guys liked it, and my upcoming book review will be about If I Stay by Gayle Forman, so stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, you honestly just made my day ;)

I read each and every comment and I really appreciate sharing your thoughts with me guys! So it always makes me happy to hear from you ;) I will try my best to reply and comment back on your own blog so expect me to visit you soon ;)

*PS: This is now an award free blog and although I really apperciate it and I thank you for considering me but fulfilling these types of posts turns out to be really hard and time consuming :( *

But thank you for stopping by and welcome to Book-A-Holic!
xoxo, Mariam

NOTE: I haven't been commenting on other blogs lately because my laptop's charger is broke so until I get a new one I am using another computer but I guess there is something wrong with it because I can't leave comments on other blogs at all so sorry about that but I'll try and fix that asap. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin