Sunday, June 3, 2012

Book Review: Insurgent

From Goodreads:
One choice can transform you—or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.


     In the sequel to Divergent, Insurgent. The story picks up immediately from where it ended in Divergent, where Tris, Tobias, Marcus, Caleb and Peter were going to the Amity compound, where they got rest and such. But it was the beginning of a really exciting adventure with some twists & turns. It still enchanted me, the whole story. But I feel it wasn't as Divergent. I feel in Divergent, each incidents in the story was much more remarkable.

   However, we get to know better some of the characters whom weren't quite in the light in the first book. I honestly enjoy Roth's characters. But Tris was sort of a surprise, new things were revealed about her character. And as she was still shaken by the latest incidents, her parents death and shooting Will, she couldn't even a gun for a long while. Her character developed really well. She and Four, ah Four was still Four. But getting to know more about the other factions was something that I was looking forward to and it was a pleasant experience. But the ending was such a cliffhanger that I can't wait for the third book to come out already. 
   
   Overall, I personally had a hard time putting it down. I absolutely recommend reading it. So if you already read Divergent, read this one because it was worth it. This book actually had a lot, from romance to guilt to loss to betrayal to some tension and considerate amount of action in it. Well-written and had a good-pace as well.

Some Quotes:

" I love Tris the Divergent, who makes decisions apart from faction loyalty, who isn’t some faction archetype."


" Relax, Beatrice (…) I’ve driven a car before."
"I’ve done a lot of things before, but that doesn’t mean I’m any good at them!"


"I think it would be easier to fight in a dress,” says Marlene, tapping her chin. “It would give your legs freer movement. And who really cares if you flash people your underwear, as long as you’re kicking the crap out of them?"
"Insurgent,” he says. “Noun. A person who acts in opposition to the established authority, who is not necessarily regarded as belligerent."

Author: Veronica Roth
First Book: Divergent ( Review HERE )
Grade Rating:

Happy reading everyone!
xoxo, Mariam

PS: I actually read this book a while back but hadn't got the chance to the review it until now because of my exams :(

2 Comments:

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

omigosh good for you..i need to start this series asap

Multimemo said...

Yeah it was a really good read ;) But thank you so much Shane for stopping by which I'm so glad you did :D
xoxo, Mariam

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, you honestly just made my day ;)

I read each and every comment and I really appreciate sharing your thoughts with me guys! So it always makes me happy to hear from you ;) I will try my best to reply and comment back on your own blog so expect me to visit you soon ;)

*PS: This is now an award free blog and although I really apperciate it and I thank you for considering me but fulfilling these types of posts turns out to be really hard and time consuming :( *

But thank you for stopping by and welcome to Book-A-Holic!
xoxo, Mariam

NOTE: I haven't been commenting on other blogs lately because my laptop's charger is broke so until I get a new one I am using another computer but I guess there is something wrong with it because I can't leave comments on other blogs at all so sorry about that but I'll try and fix that asap. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin