Thursday, August 16, 2012

Choppy Random Talks: Best-Ever YA Novels & Series vs. Stand-Alone Books?



     I recently stumbled across this list/article in the NPR Books, Your Favorites: 100 Best-Ever Teen Novels and I actually saw it a couple of times on Twitter and Facebook and actually it is a list that I found interesting. So it is based on some sort of a poll, people voted on their own favorite young adult novels and by the end they came up with this list which I'm determined to finish off most of it sometime in the future.

    The fact that this list includes most of my all time favourite series from the Hunger Games to Delirium to The House of Night Series to the Maze Runner series to The Shiver series to the Vampires Academy series and whole a lot more ( I know, I read series quite frequently ) And if the rest of the books in the list were just as amazing then I wouldn't want to miss reading them and soon before school starts again ( I can't believe that my summer vacation is coming to an end already :\ )

      Your Favorites: 100 Best-Ever Teen Novels

     Another thing that I fear is that stand-alone novels are going to extinct or something, I feel that series are really taking over somewhat. Like personally aside from about 4 or 5 stand alone novels that I read in 2012 until now, it is nothing compared to the series that I started and many that I didn't finish. Why is there no more amazing stand alone novels like Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry ( my review will be up soon! ) or The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater! I don't know but is it only me or what? You can also check out this really cool discussion post by Alison from Alison Can Read, Stand-alone Books vs. Series. She actually gets all about it in this post, the reason behind the presence of so many series, it's pros and cons and more about the subject and I think she is just a hero for being able to write all of this because it was really long, good job Alison! 

So stand-alone novels VS. series.... which side are on or are you in between? And what are some of your favorite stand-alone novels?

 And if I'd add one more book to this list it would be Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry. But what about you? What would you add to this list?

Happy Reading!
xoxo, Mariam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, you honestly just made my day ;)

I read each and every comment and I really appreciate sharing your thoughts with me guys! So it always makes me happy to hear from you ;) I will try my best to reply and comment back on your own blog so expect me to visit you soon ;)

*PS: This is now an award free blog and although I really apperciate it and I thank you for considering me but fulfilling these types of posts turns out to be really hard and time consuming :( *

But thank you for stopping by and welcome to Book-A-Holic!
xoxo, Mariam

NOTE: I haven't been commenting on other blogs lately because my laptop's charger is broke so until I get a new one I am using another computer but I guess there is something wrong with it because I can't leave comments on other blogs at all so sorry about that but I'll try and fix that asap. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin