Friday, March 22, 2013

Book Review: Requiem by Lauren Oliver + The Delirium TV Show!

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Synopsis:
As her country erupts in open rebellion, Lena fights for the resistance and must make a heartbreaking choice between two loves.

After saving Julian from a death sentence, Lena escapes with him and other members of the resistance. But as she embraces her love for Julian, a boy from her past returns and causes her to question everything.

In the meantime, Lena's best friend, Hana, is engaged to Portland's young mayor and is living a safe, proscribed, loveless life. The story is told from both Lena and Hana's points of view.

As Lena struggles to save the people she loves, everything comes to a head in this exciting finale to Lauren Oliver's epic trilogy. REQUIEM is a sophisticated, wide-ranging novel that explores the large issues of society, government, and resistance, and of course, there is romance.


Review:

   In the third installment in Lauren Oliver's Trilogy, Delirium. The story takes an entirely different route and a new outlook, but bearing in mind that I had some really HIGH expectations, I was disappointed - honestly. I expected a bamming completion to the story.

  With the story taking place in an odd setting, it changed the identity that was once given to the story, leaving us to a rather uncivilized world, full of hunger and cruelty. This story was once about a disease called the deliria. Nonetheless, for the most part I enjoyed the fact it was written from two point of views. Hana's and Lena's. And I really admired Hana's part.

  The style of writing is still Lauren Oliver-y awesome! She never fails in engaging me with her writing, along with the story's intensity, both kept me partially glued to the book because I wanted to see the ending. The ending, however, was a disguised one - Yup! a disguised one, seriously - it meant to make you think it was the ending of this amazing series but it wasn't because it will leave unsatisfied, means without actually ending everything. But I guess, maybe Ms Lauren didn't want upset any of the parties or to just leave the rest to us. In both cases, I was left disheartened. Don't get me wrong though, the book was still splendid and I liked it.

   Overall, I cannot deny the fact that I utterly enjoyed this book and it kept me at the edge of my seat, I was hoping to see more of a masterpiece since it's the ending of the trilogy, but I didn't find that. Complications, love triangle, emotions, love, sacrifice, war, longing, struggle, disappointments & hope, those were most of the themes that outlined Requiem. I would recommend it of course to those who already read the first two books, who wouldn't want to read the finale but just keep your expectations low....

Title: Requiem
Author: Lauren Oliver
Series: Delirium #3

Release Date: March 5th 2013 by Harper Collins
Links: Goodreads

Rating: 3.5/5
The Delirium Tirlogy 
Delirium | Pandemonium

 
The Delirium TV Show!

Delirium is going to be turned into a TV show!!!!!? Can you believe it? Because I can't - I am super excited - but guess who is going to play Lena.... Emma Roberts which I actually don't how I feel about and Alex is going to be portraited by Daren Kagssoff ( whom I never heard of - is it that weird? ) and Julian by Gregg Sulkin. Anyhow, here is the link to Lauren Oliver's announcement on Tumblr ( Link HERE ) Unfortunately though, with the books being turned into a TV show, it is said that there are going to be some major changes.

More Info @www.Deliriumnet.com:

Network: FOX 2000
Studio: 20th Television, Chernin Entertainment
Written by: Karyn Usher
Producers: Peter Chernin, Katherine Pope, Karyn Usher, Paula Mazur and Mitchell Kaplan
Pilot Director: Rodrigo Garcia
The Cast ( Link HERE )

Happy Reading!
xoxo, Mariam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, you honestly just made my day ;)

I read each and every comment and I really appreciate sharing your thoughts with me guys! So it always makes me happy to hear from you ;) I will try my best to reply and comment back on your own blog so expect me to visit you soon ;)

*PS: This is now an award free blog and although I really apperciate it and I thank you for considering me but fulfilling these types of posts turns out to be really hard and time consuming :( *

But thank you for stopping by and welcome to Book-A-Holic!
xoxo, Mariam

NOTE: I haven't been commenting on other blogs lately because my laptop's charger is broke so until I get a new one I am using another computer but I guess there is something wrong with it because I can't leave comments on other blogs at all so sorry about that but I'll try and fix that asap. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin