Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Book Review: Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)
Synopsis:
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.







My Review:
( NOTE: This review may contain spoilers for the first book, Shatter Me so unless you already read that one, I don't recommend reading this review of the sequel )

   Have I ever mentioned that this story is like pure awesomeness?! What an incredibly enthralling sequel. The storyline itself was really intriguing and exciting and it was one of those books that you'd thoroughly enjoy reading, it engages you within its pages, making you lose yourself completely in the story.

   Again, the book was buzzing with emotions as t
he author was able to transmit raw and poignant emotions and feelings through all the characters but mainly Juliette. And I think this was because of Tahereh Mafi's style of writing, her entering Juliette's inner thoughts and feelings and comparing them to visual images which at sometimes seemed a little bit overdone and definitely distracting but generally speaking, it was fine because it somewhat also gave the way in which the book was written a unique vibe.

   Tahereh Mafi's writing style was one thing that I liked, it was powerful as well as professional which of course added to the story but that's not it, because she was able to create a variety of characters and she nailed every single character extravagantly. The characters were yet another feature that I absolutely found perfect. I had this connection with almost every character in the story. I could feel for them as well as like them and especially Juliette, Warner and Adam - the main characters. And Warner was a character whom I had love/hate feelings towards him in the first book but in Unravel Me, I can confidently say that he made it to my heart. He was the bad guy, like that's for sure but at the same time he was sweet and different, partly because I guess he was one of those characters whom when they love or care, it's not normal for them and they manage to make it special and it did feel special, al least to me but let's not go any deeper so as to not spoil for you guys but just sufficient to say that the love aspect of this story was engaging.  

   Love triangles? Nah, not a fan but in this story, I'll have to admit that it slightly caught like a deer in the headlights. Like I couldn't choose if the love triangle was necessarily a negative thing or if  I want her to be with Adam or Warner, I mean with Warner I am sure things won't be settle but he cared about Juliette which I found sweet despite the "bad" person that he is. You could see his vulnerability, pain, regret, power and lust on full view at this scene in the book and that one scene just made me feel and fall for him. On the other hand,  Adam, he is such a sweetheart and I love his character and everything and we saw how adorable of a couple both he and Juliette were so lets just say that we will have no choice but to leave it to Tahereh Mafi to surprise us in the next book which I am dying to read already which is yet to come out in 2014! 2014?!!  


   Overall, I'd say that if you enjoyed reading Shatter Me, Unravel Me will blow your mind. Page-turner, noteworthy, awe-inspiring, intense and original plot that will have you sitting on the edge of your seat as well as heartfelt and authentic characters that will make you enjoy the story even more. This series has hands down made its way to my favorites shelf, I was honestly reading through the book, not wanting to finish it and also dreading the moment when it will come to an end partly because the third book is still not out and also because the story was SO much fun. So if you happen to like dystopias then by all means, go ahead and read this one you HAVE to read this one or you'd be missing out. Highly recommend it!


Quote:
“I want to be the friend you fall hopelessly in love with. The one you take into your arms and into your bed and into the private world you keep trapped in your head. I want to be that kind of friend. The one who will memorize the things you say as well as the shape of your lips when you say them. I want to know every curve, every freckle, every shiver of your body.

I want to know where to touch you, I want to know how to touch you. I want to know convince you to design a smile just for me. Yes, I do want to be your friend. I want to be your best friend in the entire world.”


   I never ended up writing a book review on Shatter Me because I read the sequel right after it so I couldn't write a review for both because they kinda got jumbled up in my head so I decided on reviewing Unravel Me only but just a side note, I did love Shatter Me and it rated for me 4/5 and I do whole-heartedly recommend this series, you'll not regret but if you do like dystopias that is, because let me tell you, it's been AGES since I last read a dystopian/apocalyptic novel and this one was seriously refreshing.  

Title: Unravel Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Series: Shatter Me #2
Source: Owned
Published: February 5th 2013 by HarperCollins
Links: Goodreads | Amazon
Rating: 5/5 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, you honestly just made my day ;)

I read each and every comment and I really appreciate sharing your thoughts with me guys! So it always makes me happy to hear from you ;) I will try my best to reply and comment back on your own blog so expect me to visit you soon ;)

*PS: This is now an award free blog and although I really apperciate it and I thank you for considering me but fulfilling these types of posts turns out to be really hard and time consuming :( *

But thank you for stopping by and welcome to Book-A-Holic!
xoxo, Mariam

NOTE: I haven't been commenting on other blogs lately because my laptop's charger is broke so until I get a new one I am using another computer but I guess there is something wrong with it because I can't leave comments on other blogs at all so sorry about that but I'll try and fix that asap. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin